[mythtv] Patch: Dropdown for audio output device selection

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Fri Feb 4 03:26:57 UTC 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> I agree though that for DirectX and OSX it's really just a
> placeholder, but hopefully it's going to reduce confusion.

Sooner or later, I do plan to add choices into this menu, so I suppose
you're right about this. However, "CA:" is meaningless to OS X users;
the phrase "Default sound output device" would be accurate and match
Apple's terminology in the control panel, so that's what I'd recommend
as the Core Audio selection text.

> At the moment we have stuff like the audio defines for OS_X, DirectX
> and OSS defined at the top level settings.pro file, but then the other
> audio device defines are only in specific .pro files where they are
> needed.

Actually, the OSS #define was recently moved down to the lower level,
for consistency with the others...  ;)  I do agree that it's not always
immediately obvious where to look for some things, but I think that
extending the configure script will help with this.

>  Moving at least the #define stuff up to the top level for consistency
> might be sensible?

With my patch, the #define stuff will all live in config.h, and won't
be in any .pro file, top-level or not. Eventually all of the various
#defines will be in that one file. Maximum consistency!

- Jer