[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] Bob and XVMC

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu Feb 3 22:31:08 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 Feb 2005 20:02, Steven wrote:
> Tried todays CVS on my EPIA-M frontend with xvmc (unichrome) and wanted
> to report that using deinterlacing gives me about 5 frames per second
> (tried bob and onefield) with processor still 80% idle. Lots of
> prebuffer messages in the log.
> Using xvmc without deinterlacing works fine.
>
> With HW accell. turnend  (using xv) off bob doesn't work either and
> gives me green frames flashing trough the image.
> Om my pundit-r frontend using xv all seems ok.

In VideoOutputXvMC::Show  in videoout_xvmc.cpp the change:-

XvMCPutSurface(data->XJ_disp, surf, data->XJ_curwin,
                   imgx, imgy, imgw, src_h,
                   dispxoff, dispyoff + halfLineSrc,
                   dispwoff, disphoff - halfLineSrc, field);

Appears to be causing the unichrome XvMC grief. If you remove the "+-
halfLineSrc" the playback will be smooth again for now.