[mythtv] Re: [patch] enable vbi recording/embedding for ivtv

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Thu Feb 3 21:00:04 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 23:02, Isaac Richards wrote:
> I don't see the point of this.   The code as it is right now is:
[snip]
> It's doing a set first, then doing a get to get the actual values it was
> set to.  You're just replacing that get with a second set.

You are fully right. More luck this time...

In parallel with the debugging, I used the ivtvctl program to see what is
exactly done to enable vbi recording (and accidently switched it on:-).
For some reason, the cvs version doesnot generate the magic cookies
'itv0' and 'ITV0' as part of the private stream 1xbd.
Based on this I concluded that the ivtv settings are not sufficient. It sets
the VBI mode, but doesnot say it should embed things in the MPEG steam...
In this patch I added IVTV_IOC_S_VBI_EMBED for this.

Martin