[mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input

Jason Hoos jhoos at thwack.net
Thu Feb 3 20:08:19 UTC 2005

Jim Westfall wrote:
> Attached is a patch that enables firewire mpeg2ts as a valid input in
> linux (x86/ppc).  Its been tested on set top models DCT-6200 and SA 3250
> thus far.  I would appreciate additional testers and any feed back.

Very cool.  Glad to see someone figured this out, since last I tried a
month or two ago I couldn't put together enough pieces to get anything
out of the 6200 from Linux!  Now I don't have to be in such a hurry to
replace my fried pcHDTV2k card.

I tried it out here with my 6200, and it worked great.  In my spot
tests, I was able to pull in analog, digital, and HD stations over the
wire with it (supposedly all stations under 100 are analog here, but the
box must have digitized them or something - that or Comcast changed
something).  I was even able to pull in a Showtime station or two, so I
guess they aren't being encrypted here yet.  I'm sure that'll change by
July though.

Jason

P.S. and just in time for the Superbowl too... :)