[mythtv] Re: pvr-350 performance patch - simplified

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 03:56:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:39:24PM -0000, John Harvey wrote:
> Attached is the re-worked pvr-350 patch. I have removed all the region
> update code so this now has an option to include installed ivtv header file
> in settings.pro and if its there it uses the BLT_FILL ioctl instead of the
> memset /prep_frame method. Some of the other code is re-organised to make
> the use of the BLT_FILL a bit easier.

John, have you considered making your change use a run-time decision
instead of a compile-time one?  It looks like it should be fairly
easy, eg.

   Replace the old ivtv-ext-api.h in Myth with ivtv.h.

   Initialize a flag assuming IVTVFB_IOCTL_BLT_FILL is supported.

   If IVTVFB_IOCTL_BLT_FILL fails with EINVAL, clear the flag and
   fallback to using memset/IVTVFB_IOCTL_PREP_FRAME.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net