[mythtv] DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Feb 2 07:10:25 EST 2005

> A 6-footer is squat. You still have plenty of room for improvement in the
> antenna area. For example, I have a 12ft yagi boom antenna on my rooftop with

 	Yagi's wide enough for all your channels... or do you only get one
or two contiguous?  Yagi's don't have a very wide bandwidth but they can
have good gain.

> a 10ft mast. (And all-RG6-QS cabling and a signal amp). I get everything

 	Amp as close to the antenna as possible?  SNR's, noise figures,
and LNAs bringing back horrible undergrad calculation memories... :)

> quite nicely now, even in less-than-stellar weather conditions (Seattle
> area).

 	P-shaw!  Try living in Juneau (or worse yet, Ketchikan), AK!
People up there go to Seattle to dry out... :)

-Cory