[mythtv] dvb problems

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 1 16:31:05 EST 2005

Quoting Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se>:

> When i schedule recordings on some channels the recordings end up as zero
> lenght files.
> I can't find anything special in the logfile from mythbackend about why it
> woud fail.
> The same channel works just fine in vdr so i know that the drivers and the
> subscription card is working.
> I've attached a logfile from mythbackend when it's started with "-v all"

2005-02-01 21:41:41.429 DVB#0 PID 4102 is scrambled
2005-02-01 21:41:41.433 DVB#0 PID 4614 is scrambled
2005-02-01 21:41:41.434 DVB#0 PID 4358 is scrambled

It looks like your cam isn't working in myth at least.. I will have to defer you
to Jesper for this one.. I never see those PIDs becoming unscrambled so thats
why it doesn't record anything into the file..

> And if i run the setup and do a channel scan it never completes, it hangs at
> 28% and then i have to abort the scan.

Can you send a console log from setup?

> The only modification i have made is that i have started on a new eitfixup
> for swedish dvb-c cable provider comhem, but i don't think that have
> affected this since it's just one singel function and one row in dtv_private
> types so it uses the new eitfixup function.

> In the log file there is lots of messages about Unknown Descriptor, what are
> those?
> And sometimes i have also seen messages about malformed PAT.

Unknown Descriptor is jsut something we aren't parsing.. It may or may not be
important.. I didn't see anything there worth worrying about..
Malformed PAT is a message where a PAT has slipped past CRC32, but is not
properly formatted.. You will see this with a noisy signal..

> I just though i shoud report this now that 0.17 is geting closer.

The sooner we find out about things like this the sooner they can get fixed..