[mythtv] ATSC PSIP Mandate has Arrived

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 1 09:49:11 EST 2005

Quoting Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>:
> Here are the Boston-area stations I receive.  Some are still using the
> "forbidden" PIDs (audio/video < 0x30); these are noted.

I had a station here when originally trying to do SI Standard Detection that
violated this rule (it wasn't in effect yet) that hosed me up really bad.. I
still won't do auto-detect, but its good to know of the PID thing..

> 43   WGBX 44.1-.4 PBS  4 EITs (12 hrs); the only one to include episode

Are you getting ETTs at all on the other stations?  My PBS Station sends the
Title as "TITLE:SUBTITLE" so I just regexp fix it just before inserting it into
the database.. Does this station send them in the ETT in a way that could be
choped out easily before DB Insersion?

Now that there is a DVB driver for the HD3000 I wonder how much effort should be
made to merge the PCHDTV and DVB codes.. I'd be curious to see how changing
drivers for teh HD3k to the DVB version does as  far as working with my code
and your EIT.. The author said it changed channels just fine, and I have to
assume scanned for channsl ok with the DVB code, but nothing about EIT
insersion..

Taylor