[mythtv] Is there something wrong with recorded DVB TS files (pat/pmt) ?

Ari Suutari ari at suutari.iki.fi
Tue Feb 1 06:01:53 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm recording programs from DVB card into TS format.
In finland, some channels use dvb subtitles. I have been
able to watch these recordings with vlc player (since
it seems to support dvb subtitling), but currently, after
the big dvb patch (which makes other things great) there
is something odd in recorded files:

When viewing the file, the program jumps ahead periodically.
For some seconds (maybe 30 or so) the picture is ok and then
there is this jump. I did some digging in dvbrecorder.cpp and
noticed that it writes some packets (pat/pmt) to stream
when 2000 packets have been recorded. Could this be the
reason causing a jump when viewing, maybe there could be something
odd with these added packets ? (older version, before dvb patch
didn't write these packets)

    Ari S.