[mythtv] Tv power control idea

Neil Whelchel koyama at firstlight.net
Fri Dec 30 03:58:40 EST 2005

It is a simple matter to wire BOTH an IR transmitter and receiver to the
same serial port as they use un-related pins.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Neil Whelchel p=ED=B9e v =C8t 29. 12. 2005 v 18:11 -0800:
> > irsend to switch the power of the TV. I am watching a pin of the parall=
el
> > port to get the power state of the TV.
>
> irsend is not a serial port thingy? I am asking because my only serial
> port is occupied by IR _receiver_ so I thought I would never be able to
> use IR transmitter.
>
> Petr

-Neil Whelchel-
First Light Internet Services
760 366-0145
- We don't do Window$, that's what the janitor is for -

Bubble Memory, n.:
        A derogatory term, usually referring to a person's
intelligence.  See also "vacuum tube".