[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8367 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 23 20:59:08 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 17:53 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 23 December 2005 17:49, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Friday 23 December 2005 17:46, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > > It is the changes in 8367. Commenting out the lines 837 to 839 where the
> > > tvchain is destroyed allows me to change cards again.
> > >
> > > Daniel any ideas on this?
> >
> > The TV object shouldn't ever be destroying the tvchain object (unless it's
> > the PiP chain).
>
> Change 8365, which started doing this, is wrong - the chain object needs to be
> instantiated/owned outside of the TV object, since the chain object can stick
> around longer than a specific TV object (changing cards, live -> scheduled
> recording -> live, etc).

Hmmm, ok I will fix this tonite.

The problem was that the main tvchain would get destroyed in tv_play
if you switched recorders then exited livetv, or switched recorders
and then turned off the pip. I'll have to look at how the card
switching works for a proper fix; I think maybe avoiding deleting
the main tvchain is not sufficient in the case of a card switch
after swapping the main and pip recorders; or when the pip recorder
is active.

-- Daniel