[mythtv] Recording multiple channels on a single DVB transport

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 07:13:30 EST 2005

On Friday 23 Dec 2005 11:11, Ed W wrote:
> Half agree, but it's a good point.  Obviously it would be possible for
> all the cards to be tied up and in some countries this would then mean
> you can't update the scheduler, but I think this is a small thing really
> because half the countries don't have that accurate EIT data, and most
> of us have lived with non updating data for many years anyway

As you say that is a problem with the current system. However you would have
to be recording a lot, even on a single tuner system to miss a lot of EIT
updates.

> I think as you said it would not be "too" hard to add multiple channels
> per card.  At the most basic I would suggest starting by grouping
> channels by multiplex and then the query itself can do a lot of the work

Yup. As I say on paper I've got a working system - I will probably code it as
a standalone app so I can test the theory before I fold it it into the
existing myth code. This might sound inefficient but it will make debugging
easier and the whole job faster.

The changes to the recorder don't seem too complicated either so I might also
tackle them. I will need to get myself another tuner though so I can create a
development system.

With that said - don't expect a patch too soon, with Christmas and my day job
I will be pretty busy!
--
Stuart Morgan