[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase every 3 hours instead of 24?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 21 00:42:05 EST 2005

> The last committed change to the mythfilldatabase code is 8218, Chris
> Pinkham's change which deals with the scheduling of mythfilldatabase. Seems
> like a likely culprit ...
>
> I'll take a look at the changes made, perhaps I can even find the problem and
> submit a patch.

This is related to the face that the nextsuggestedruntime is checked
whether we're using a provider that gives it or not.  We probably
can check in housekeeper.cpp whether the user's grabber uses
datadirect or not and if not we don't use the suggested time.  You
can perform a quick fix by turning off the setting that says to
honor the data provider's next download time.  Since your next suggested
download time isn't being updated, but the option to honor it is
turned ON (by default), then the housekeeper is running mythfilldatabase
every few hours (since the next suggested time is still in the past).

If you want to code up a quick patch to the housekeeper to check the user's
grabber and ignore the "honor next suggested time" setting if the
grabber isn't datadirect compatible, then you can create a ticket and
assign it to 'cpinkham' and I'll get the fix applied.  I might not
be able to get to coding up a patch over the next 2 days, so feel free
to make one if you want.  Assign it to 'cpinkham'.

--
Chris