[mythtv] XvMC - where'd it go?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Dec 19 18:07:00 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 06:18 am, Jesse Crews wrote:
> Quoting Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com>:

> >> XVMC sources say there are not enough resources. Sounds like you have
> >> the incorrect driver loaded. The caller didn't get a pointer to the
> >> XvMC context :(.
> >> I'd start at the driver.

> >> XvMC port does not exist because your video driver doesn't support it?
> >> Any linking errors with -lviaXvMC? Are you lding the correct driver for
> >> X?
> >>

> >> Does your X display log show XVideo-MotionCompensation extension is
> >> loaded?
> >>

> >> what's xdpyinfo say?
> >>

> >> Hope that gets you on track.
> >
> > I've got 2 machines that both had XvMC working on 0.18.1, and neither now
> > work.  Both Xorg logs include:
>
> See below; you need libxvmc for success. Make sure you configure mythtv
> to link against the right library archive (and drop any non-xorg, eg
> via xvmc stuff).
>
> > (II) Loading extension SHAPE
> > (II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
> > (II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
> > (II) Loading extension SYNC
> > (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> > (II) Loading extension XC-MISC
> > (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
> > (II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
> > (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
> > (II) Loading extension DPMS
> > (II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
> > (II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
> > (II) Loading extension XVideo
> > (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
> > (II) Loading extension X-Resource
> > (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> > (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> >
> > and
> > xdpinfo shows
> > number of extensions:    31
> >    BIG-REQUESTS
> >    DAMAGE
> >    DOUBLE-BUFFER
> >    DPMS
> >    Extended-Visual-Information
> >    GLX
> >    LBX
> >    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> >    MIT-SHM
> >    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
> >    NV-CONTROL
> >    NV-GLX
> >    RANDR
> >    RENDER
> >    SECURITY
> >    SHAPE
> >    SYNC
> >    TOG-CUP
> >    X-Resource
> >    XC-APPGROUP
> >    XC-MISC
> >    XFIXES
> >    XFree86-Bigfont
> >    XFree86-DGA
> >    XFree86-Misc
> >    XFree86-VidModeExtension
> >    XInputExtension
> >    XKEYBOARD
> >    XTEST
> >    XVideo
> >    XVideo-MotionCompensation
> >
> > Both machines running Nvidia 7667 drivers, a 5900 and 5600 cards.

> [...]

Jesse, your losing me.  There are two XvMC 'like' options in configure,
 --enable-xvmc            enable XvMC      (Linux/BSD MPEG accel.)
  --enable-xvmc-pro        enable XvMC for the unichrome pro

I get that there are 2 XvMC libraries, and it appears that I'm linking in
BOTH, as a ldd mythfrontend shows
ldd mythfrontend |grep -i vmc
        libviaXvMC.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libviaXvMC.so.1 (0xb6e0d000)
        libXvMC.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMC.so.1 (0xb6e09000)

My configure command simply had --enable-xvmc, no other
fancy stuff.  So where did I go wrong here?  It sounds like
configure is missing some options to allow this fine of detail...

Brian