[mythtv] LiveTV Recordings question

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Mon Dec 19 14:55:19 EST 2005

I'm not complaining about disk space.  I'm complaining about the fact that
this is a useless thing for me and that there ought to be a way to simply
turn it off or expire them quicker.  And I'm sorry you've explained yourself
multiple times.  I've been through the archives and I never saw an
explanation that completely defends why this couldn't be the case.

> > Lastly, being a software developer myself for 15 years, I know that all
> > software benefits the most by making it accessible for the broadest
> range
> > of users.  The easy, simple, correct way to do that is to allow options
> and
> > to allow multiple configurations.
> >
> > Does anyone else think that it would be too hard to make this optional
> or
> > to create a quicker auto-expire functionality to the LiveTV Recordings?
> If
> > you have information that direction, then I'll even write the patch if
> you
> > can point me in the correct direction.
>
> And I'll reject any such patch.  LiveTV's staying the way it is.  You
> already
> have the option to auto-expire them after a day, anyway.

And I'm simply asking for a better time frame for those of us that want it
to happen quicker than a day.  If you're saying that you won't accept a
patch that simply does that, then that seems an incredibly arbitrary and
narrow-minded decision.

> Isaac

-Todd