[mythtv] XvMC - where'd it go?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Dec 19 00:38:34 EST 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 09:25 pm, Jesse Crews wrote:
> Quoting Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com>:

> >> Did you look in setup/tv settings/playback? Preferred MPEG2 decoder
> >> should be Standard XvMC. This is svn rev 82something (too lazy to login
> >> and cal svn to find out what exactly).
> >
> > I was looking there, but found its a new control type I missed.  However
> > it still doesn't help.  I set either Standard XvMC or VIA XvMC won't
> > play using XvMC, there is an error message on the frontend console:
> > 2005-12-18 21:10:25.929 VideoOutputXv Error: Unable to create XvMC
> > Context, status(11): BadAlloc
>
> XVMC sources say there are not enough resources. Sounds like you have
> the incorrect driver loaded. The caller didn't get a pointer to the
> XvMC context :(.
> I'd start at the driver.
>
> > 2005-12-18 21:10:25.929 VideoOutputXv Error: Could not open XvMC port...
>
> XvMC port does not exist because your video driver doesn't support it?
> Any linking errors with -lviaXvMC? Are you lding the correct driver for
> X?
>

> Does your X display log show XVideo-MotionCompensation extension is loaded?
>

> what's xdpyinfo say?
>

> Hope that gets you on track.

I've got 2 machines that both had XvMC working on 0.18.1, and neither now
work.  Both Xorg logs include:
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so

and
xdpinfo shows
number of extensions:    31
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DAMAGE
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information
    GLX
    LBX
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    NV-CONTROL
    NV-GLX
    RANDR
    RENDER
    SECURITY
    SHAPE
    SYNC
    TOG-CUP
    X-Resource
    XC-APPGROUP
    XC-MISC
    XFIXES
    XFree86-Bigfont
    XFree86-DGA
    XFree86-Misc
    XFree86-VidModeExtension
    XInputExtension
    XKEYBOARD
    XTEST
    XVideo
    XVideo-MotionCompensation

Both machines running Nvidia 7667 drivers, a 5900 and 5600 cards.

Brian