[mythtv] Problem on FF-REW on DVB recs

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Sat Dec 17 13:32:07 EST 2005

Hello,

immediately after Daniel closed #797, I switched from my longlasting
8120 to latest SVN. I tried, I think, seven versions, and all have, for
new DVB recordings, the following problems:

- During playback sometimes the stream freezes. It seems to pause (but
no OSD signal this). Pressing two times pause (one time to go to "real"
pause, the second one to exit pause) unblock it.

- No ff/rew is possible with speed > 3. Doing this cause strange jumps
into stream, freezes, and in some cases segfaults of frontend

I tried to search in open ticket but I didn't find something similar. Am
I missing something? I tried different options (Xvmc, normal, Opengl
on/off...) but behaviour was identical.

Before to open a ticket I try to ask here if is a know problem.

Thank you