[mythtv] Re: ivtv buffer overflow

Niels den Otter otter at kjoe.net
Thu Dec 15 14:32:22 EST 2005

Niels den Otter wrote:
> Well it seems to make a difference, but it's not a complete solution:
>
> Dec 13 23:31:21 localhost kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0 OVERFLOW
> #1564: Stealing a Buffer, 512 currently allocated
> [etc]
>
> Just had a re-occurence of the problem...

I noticed Isaacs commit regarding the LiveTV->Recording switchover
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8268)  which was exactly the place
where in my case the "overflow problem" was triggered.

Because of earlier changes, I decided to remove my complete MythTV SVN
directory and downloaded it again (8268).

Uptil now I have not seen the overflow problem again... I'm not sure if
this is because of a complete new downloaded (& compiled) source or if
it is because of commit 8268, but I recommend to upgrade to latest SVN
and see if this problem is fixed.

-- Niels