[mythtv] OSX build issues and patches

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Dec 13 17:09:13 EST 2005

Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj at xenotropic.com> writes:

> David --
>
> I can't tell you the exact SVN version, but as of Dec 4th, I have a
> build of the OSX frontend on Tiger.  I made pretty much all of the
> changes you did

Thank you for your help!  Do you not have commit privileges?  What
will it take to get the changes checked in so nobody else has to go
through this?

> but I'm not using ccache that I'm aware of.

Me neither, anymore.  I uninstalled it.

> The Xinerama stuff at least, will be contained in /usr/X11R6/lib/
> libXinerama.dylib.

OK, I'm confused.  I was under the impression that we'd be using
Qt/Mac, not Qt/X11.  Is that just wrong?

> The others are stuff like QComboBox, which look like QT stuff. (It
> looks like you have qt-mt linked though, so you may want to go down
> that road a little further.

I had previously installed a Qt which resided in /sw/..., and I think
that was getting picked up in preference to the one built by the
script.  I don't know what it'll take, but that should probably be
resolved.  I couldn't figure out how to get rid of whatever was still
pointing at /sw/..., so I did a distclean and am presently rebuilding.

> Hope this is of some help.  I'm not home for a month, otherwise I'd
> look at my build environment a little.

I very much appreciate whatever help you can offer!

Thanks again,
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting