[mythtv] Re: mythtv 0.18.1 build failure with GCC 4.1

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 13 12:00:32 EST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 01:54, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> On Mar 13 décembre 2005 04:15, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 December 2005 11:45, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >> Well, I'll try but I already consumed most of the time I had available
> >> this week-end (most of it building ivtv for rawhide - had to write my
> >> own
> >> spec file)
> >
> > Hrm, due to not having all the ATrpms macros, or does the ATrpms one (if
> > you
> > know the macros) just not work on the rawhide kernels?
>
> 1. Axel does not release rawhide kernels

I know that, I meant "does the ATrpms ivtv spec file not produce functioning
packages for rawhide kernels if you (can) use it". :)

> 2. I want to use Fedora Core Linux not AT Linux.
>
> Axel is a fine person but he's crossed the line long ago between providing
> distro addons and forking the distro itself.

That is a common complaint I've heard, and I definitely understand the
position.
[...]

I'll continue some of this discussion off-list, due to it straying a bit OT
for mythtv-dev.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com