[mythtv] investigating the firewire issues people are having with the DCT boxes

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:52:43 EST 2005

I'm trying to figure out why some folks have issues with firewire connections
to their Motorola DCT hdtv cable boxes.

I personally have two machines I've tried, my laptop which has worked
perfectly for me so far, and my dedicated mythtv machine which has issues
changing channels.

Since channel changing seems to be the major problem, with no data streaming
being the second problem (and possibly related), I'm trying to see why
channel changing goes awry.

With my box I notice when I use my dedicated machine the box seems to get
multiple entries of certain digits which cause the box to tune the wrong
channel.

I'm wondering if any of the dev's have any ideas for me to look into as why
this could be happening?

--
Steve