[mythtv] OSX backend obstacles?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Dec 11 12:37:50 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 17:02 +0000, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> Which appears to be entirely concerned with getting video
> off of capture hardware /cards/.  Since my DCT-6200
> communicates over FireWire, I'm wondering if that ought to
> be a non-issue?

Not quite a non-issue, but a surmountable one. Right now we use
the Linux firewire libraries. OSX probably has similar libraries
but MythTV would have to be adapted to use them, either with an
adaptation layer in MythTV or an external library that emulates
the Linux firewire libraries with calls to the OSX firewire
libraries. There are recorders like the DBOX2 that should already
work on OSX.

-- Daniel