[mythtv] Compiling on cygwin

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 9 12:08:20 EST 2005

I've been working on the side to compile on cygwin as an experiment and
I've run into this error that I don't know how to fix:

make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/u/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libmyth'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/u/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libmyth'
cd libmythtv && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/u/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../libmyth/libmyth-0.18.so', needed
by `cyg
mythtv-0.18-0.so'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/u/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/u/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

I had set SHLIB_LIBPRE=lib prior to starting this to avoid the cygmyth
prefix v.s the libmyth prefix but it doesn't seem to have taken.  I'm
not sure how to fix this but thought someone here might be familiar
enough with Makefiles and the code to know if there is a simple fix.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net