[mythtv] single source (cablebox) two input methods (pvr-150 and firewire) work together?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:34:46 EST 2005

Sent this to the user list with no response, so I assume its not possible.
-----
ok, DCT6200, with 5C on many channels, os some channels can be received
through the firewire no problem, the rest can use the pvr-150.

Is there a way to set it up so that when Myth needs to record a 5C=0 channel
it uses the firewire transfer from the box but when it needs to record a
5C=1+ it uses the PVR-150? I can manually tell Myth which channels use
firewire and which use the PVR-150 but what I need to know is if there is a
way to tell it that both methods are using the same cable box and therefore
it can't use both simultaneously?
------

Since many people will have a similar setup with their cable box (some
channels 5C=0 some 5C=1, a nice ability would be to be able to have Myth take
some channels via firewire and some via a PVR-150 from the same cable box.

any thoughts?

--
Steve