AW: [mythtv] Bugs, Thinks that should be fixed.

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 01:00:11 UTC 2005

Jochen Kühner wrote:

> Yes, i think also that first the libmythui and mfd chages should be
> done bevor somone starts to reprogramm the look of mythmusic.
>
> But is at the moment someone programming the mythmusic/mfd part, or is
> the a search for someone who does it???

I agree that any UI redesigns should wait for libmythui.  However,
regarding mfd... it's been a long time, and mfd still hasn't been
declared 'ready'.  Not to put any pressure on Thor :-)  I think that
MythMusic could be re-designed in such a way as to separate the UI and
music collection/delivery functions.  That way, the UI could be migrated
to the mfd architecture without too much effort.

Plus, I think one of the things holding mfd back from the main Myth
distribution is the lack of a mature frontend UI.    It's kind of a
chicken-and-egg situation; something's got to come first.  I say, don't
wait for mfd; develop a solid UI and "it will come".

Just my $0.02.

-JAC