[mythtv] DVB service types

MythTv mail account mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Wed Dec 7 10:43:44 UTC 2005

Quoting Rudy Zijlstra <mythtv at edsons.demon.nl>:

> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>>> To experiment with recording these you just need to enable recording
>>> those in siparser.cpp, and add them to the video/audio types in
>>> mpegtables.h StreamID::IsVideo() && StreamID::IsAudio(). However
>>> these don't make much sense, 0xA is already used for the object
>>> carousel.
>>>

>> The object carousel is mainly seen on 0x0B, 0x0D.
>> Not sure if it's ever been seen on 0x0A.
>>
>> Rudy, you obviously have access to relevant documentation.
>> What officially is the DSMCC object carousel listed as being on?
>>

>> Stuart
>>

> I was to hurried for the above. The above types have been added to
> the SDT descriptors.
>
> According to ISO-IEC13818-1-amd1 2003 DSMCC object carrousel is on
> 0x18, Data carousel is on 0x17.
>
> I need to find 13181-6, which so far i have not taken a look at.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rudy

Taken a look at 138181-1 ammendment 3 from 2004. It states that the
stream type
for H264 is 0x1B (this is the PMT table stream type). So there remains a link
betweeen SDT and PMT, but the numbering has diverged.

It contains a replacement table 2-29, and for streamtype 0x1B it states: AVC
video stream as defined in ITU rec H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 Video
Cheers,

Rudy