[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Dec 5 19:54:54 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 02:44 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
> > What's user friendly about making the user care what input/card it's
> > using for livetv?  It shouldn't matter at all - the important thing is
> > what program is on, not where it's physically coming from.
>
> If there is more than one source, it matter to know which channels
> are and aren't available for the selected input. I added the OSD
> message long ago so I could tell what I was looking at when testing
> and know what Ys and Cs to press to get to the input I needed.
> If the objection is that any message appear on screen when changing
> inputs, then displayname=" " should help get rid of these messages =).
>
> As for user friendly, it seems to me that some people may get higher
> WAF with "VCR" on screen rather than "2: Composite1" or "Dish Network"
> in place of "1: S-Video 0".

Change channels through the epg, then, instead of y&c?  I still don't see why
it matters which particular capture card & input the video's coming from.

Why not just display the video source name?  It's already user-created, should
be unique to a given set of channels, and seems to fit what you, at least,
would want.

Isaac