[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 5 19:14:18 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac Richards" <ijr at case.edu>
To: <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 1:45 AM
Subject: [mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

> On Sunday 04 December 2005 07:20 pm, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: bjm
> >         Date: 2005-12-05 00:20:51 +0000 (Mon, 05 Dec 2005)
> > New Revision: 8114
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8114
> >
> > Modified:
> >
> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp
> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp
> >
> > Log:
> >
> > Close #741
> >
> > Move the displayname field from capturecard to cardinput so that
> > each individual input can be given a user defined string. The
> > display name can be set in mythtv-setup "Input connections" for
> > each input. If this is not set for an input, the default
> > <card>: <inputname> will still be used.
>
> IMO, this is extra clutter without much, if any, use.
>
> Isaac

I think it does have its uses. Take for example a system with three dvb cards
in it. At the moment if you switch cards you see something like 1: DvbInput,
2: DVBInput, 3: DVBInput but with this patch you can rename the cards/inputs
so you see Freeview, Sky FTA, Hotbird FTA makes it pretty obvious what card
you are on. Anything that makes Myth more user friendly has to be a good
thing doesn't it?.

Paul