[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Dec 5 04:03:13 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 04 December 2005 07:20 pm, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>>       Author: bjm
>>         Date: 2005-12-05 00:20:51 +0000 (Mon, 05 Dec 2005)
>> New Revision: 8114
>>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8114
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> Close #741
>>
>> Move the displayname field from capturecard to cardinput so that
>> each individual input can be given a user defined string. The
>> display name can be set in mythtv-setup "Input connections" for
>> each input. If this is not set for an input, the default
>> <card>: <inputname> will still be used.
>
> IMO, this is extra clutter without much, if any, use.

Oh, I agree but at least now it isn't broken clutter =). I had
no interest in applying the original patch but there was a valid
point that wasn't highlighted in the original thread. That is,
the user is most likely to want to know which video source is
available on the current input.

The reason I originally put this OSD item in for every input change was
to know which card and which input on that card was being used. The
patch would blur that and defeated the purpose. Now one can optionally
put, "Card 2 - Digital Cable" in place of the default "2: Video 0".
As long as it shows which specific input is in use, I'm fine with it.

--  bjm