[mythtv] Stuttering LiveTV (even more)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 2 02:53:49 EST 2005

Dag Nygren wrote:

>>>As of the latest SVN, this is the way it works, you never see the
>>>files unless you have watched for more than a certain amount of time
>>>(not sure what that is off hand).
>>>

>>Yeah, now people who don't do their homework won't notice the LiveTV
>>recordings so instead of, "Why does it record all my LiveTV when I
>>didn't tell it to?" we'll get "Myth is leaking files onto my system.  I
>>deleted all my recordings and my 2TB LVM/RAID is full."  Of course,
>>there will be a few who actually look at the filesystem and see a bunch
>>of NUV's/MPG's and they'll say, "Myth isn't deleting the file when I
>>delete a recording," or "Myth is recording some files that I didn't tell
>>it to record and that don't show up in the program list."  ;)
>>

>In my case I did give the version in an earlier posting (8092).
>And Myth is NOT trying to hide the LiveTV recordings at all, they are just
>there along my real recordings. (looking through mythweb)

MythWeb != MythTV

In fact, MythWeb is more like a completely separate frontend than it is
a part of MythTV.

MythTV hides LiveTV recordings by default.  MythWeb shows All Recordings
or the recordings matching the title you've selected.  Chris is in the
middle of a big re-write of MythWeb, so you never know, he may factor in
the LiveTV group in the new version.

Mike