[mythtv] DVB: Heads up! PS format deprecated - TS now used by default

Graeme Wilford gwilford at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:58:41 UTC 2005

Will this affect watching DVB recorded material on a PVR350?

With 0.18.1, PS mode recordings can be viewed via the 350's mpeg
decoder and the display is perfect, however TS recordings are
displayed via the X (or Xv) driver and look pretty bad.

Is there a way to get TS mode to display using the pvr350's mpeg
decoder or will DVB/350 owners be left out in the cold after PS goes
away?

Thanks,
Wilf.

On 22/08/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 18:49 +0100, John wrote:
> > Jesper Sörensen wrote:
> >
> > > The DVB code in SVN will now switch everyone over to record in TS
> > > format, since that has proven to have far less problems than the old
> > > PS format.
> > >
> > Did I miss somthing or does this mean that MythTV is moving away from
> > supporting Hardware decoding SAT cards like he skystar1 ? As far as I
> > know they dont(or didnt) support TS recording only PS ?
> The PS code was deprecated a long long time ago due to some
> serious problems that no one wanted to fix. We're just planning
> to rip it out completely post 0.19, unless of course you want
> to fix it. You can search the archives to find out what the
> problems were.
>
> -- Daniel

Me at google