[mythtv] dvbchannel patch

Robert-Paul Berretty rp at adonut.nl
Tue Aug 30 12:44:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:10:53PM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 00:46 +0100, Mark Weaver wrote:
> > Without this, changing channels fairly frequently locks up -- the
> > attached backtrace & backend log with -v siparser,channel,record are
> > attached.
> I've been waiting on confirmation from someone with DisEqC before
> applying this patch. It seems to help OFDM and ATSC users, but it
> significantly changes how DisEqC works so I'd really like someone
> to confirm that it actually works...
>
> -- Daniel

As a matter of fact, I have a 2 port DisEqC. Tuning does work for some of
the channels, but not for all, see e.g., the attached log. This is svn 7171
with the DVBChannel patch. Tuning does function without the patch.
(backend-nopatch.log)

Also, I notice, that the frontend reports signal quality 100%, which should
be about 60-70%. This is also the case with svn 7171 without the patch.
Could this be related to the tuning problem in the Update on current DVB
problems thread?

Robert-Paul