[mythtv] new feature saving the ring buffer

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:37:26 UTC 2005

On 30/08/05, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:

> I would like you to take it one step further and not only store what is
> in the Ring buffer, but also what is currently recording / playing after
> the store so you can get the whole show. Tivo does this and it was a
> nice feature. Start watching a show and 10 minutes in you decide you
> want to record it or have to go somewhere. Just press Record and it
> saves the 10 minutes it has already recorded plus it knows to continue
> recording via the guide information.

I've often wondered how this would work out on systems (like mine)
where the LiveTV buffer is on a different partition (or different
disk) from the recordings. I would think the overhead of copying the
file would interfere (temporarily at least) with recording, and could
take a while, depending on how much is buffered.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent