[mythtv] new feature saving the ring buffer

Trevor Wagner fritzed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 05:59:39 UTC 2005

On 8/29/05, Marcelo Toledo <marcelo at marcelotoledo.org> wrote:
> I am looking forward in implementing a new feature that will save the
> ring buffer. What it will do: While watching live tv you might save what
> has past and still in the ringbuffer, so you will press a key
> combination and it will store what have been recorded as a recorded show
> with the name "Live TV date hour".
>
> This is not an easy task and we have a few problems, including:
>
> 1. The file header is missing
> 2. The ring buffer can loop
>
> I would like to hear possible problems and suggestions of how can I fix
> them.
>
> cheers,
> --
> Marcelo Toledo

I don't know what type of problems you could run into, but I just
wanted to encourage you, this would be a really nice feature.  The
only thing I would add, would be an option to save the show you're
currently watching.  When you choose it, it looks up the guide
information for your current channel and just saves the ring buffer
starting at the time of the current show.  Also, if you exit, live-TV
maybe it could even keep recording the show as if it had been
scheduled to record normally.  I know this probably would just give
you more problems, but it would solve the ring buffer loop problem if
you didn't save the whole thing.

-> Fritz