[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7155 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 28 16:53:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 12:33 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 28 August 2005 12:29 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > >
> > > This doesn't belong in libmyth.
> >
> > Where do you suggest?
>
> Where it was originally?
libs/libmythtv/mpeg/

> > I'm using it in MythContext to translate from 2 character ("en")
> > IETF language codes to 3 character ("eng") ISO-639 language codes.
>
> No need for that to be in MythContext, either.

It's used by GetLanguageList(). If no languages have been specified
for the EPG/subtitles it grabs the result of GetLanguage() which is
our UI language. But GetLanguage returns a two character code and we
need three character codes in all the contexts where we use a
language list so I used iso639.h to translate these.

The alternatives to moving iso639 would be:
1/ to create some kind of MythTVContext for the libmythtv lib
   which can contain GetLanguageList()
2/ to create a mini-iso639 for libmyth that just translates
   the few languages we have translations for from two character
   to three character codes.
3/ have GetLanguageList() return an empty list if the user hasn't
   selected any Guide/Subtitle language

Plus, anything I haven't thought of :)

-- Daniel