[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 26 15:55:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 13:48 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:07:48AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> >
> > If not we could disable signal monitoring for this card.
> > You could change SignalMonitor::IsSupported() to return
> > false if the card is a dvb-ttpci card. And use the same
> > detection code in DVBChannel and check for a lock in Tune
> > if it is a dvb-ttpci card. Or, you could get the driver
> > devs to fix the problem...
> >

> The ioctls that are used in the signal monitoring appear
> be "nice to have's" for each driver.
>
> It's only in 2.6.12 that my card's had support for 3 out of 4
> of the ioctls. Before that they all failed as unsupported.
The only one that is required is the signal lock status, in the
DVBSignalMonitor constructor we check for the supported status
of each monitoring type and ignore the unsupported ones.

But we may need to check for card[s] that don't support even lock
status monitoring and disable monitoring for those cards.

-- Daniel