[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 26 12:07:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 12:57 +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > Here is the list of problems I'm aware of:
> >
> > * Got tables, but failed a lock check?            (Allan Stirling)
> >     Get printout of GetStatusList()
>
> This only happens on one of my dvb-ttpci cards. The cards have different
> frontends. The other is OK, which would tend to indicate a driver
> problem. However, this worked OK before the signal monitoring stuff ;)
>
> If I swap the cards over, the problem follows the physical card.
>
> If I replace the wait for a signal code with wait for a lock status, it
> works.

This still doesn't work after changeset 7134?

If not we could disable signal monitoring for this card.
You could change SignalMonitor::IsSupported() to return
false if the card is a dvb-ttpci card. And use the same
detection code in DVBChannel and check for a lock in Tune
if it is a dvb-ttpci card. Or, you could get the driver
devs to fix the problem...

-- Daniel