[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Mark Weaver mark-clist at npsl.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 01:37:45 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Here is the list of problems I'm aware of:
> * 1st rec stops if 2nd rec started immediately.   (Mark Weaver)
>     I'm assuming this is because the 1st recorder isn't
>     marked as busy quickly enough and LiveTV reuses it.
Sorry, I have determined that this is caused by something else, so
nothing to worry about there.

Basically I'm trying to use a PVR-150 and a DVB card simultaneously.  To
get this working I had to turn the PCI latency timer down on the PVR-150
-- ivtv sets it to 64 -- apparently this stops interrupts arriving at
the DVB card, which eventually decides that it has locked up, something
like "bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask".

It was there in syslog all along but I didn't think it was significant
initially.

Thanks,

Mark