[mythtv] DVB Channel Scanning.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 25 01:56:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 00:58 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 02:39:06PM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 15:27 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > > With svn rev# 7111 I can't get any DVB channels to scan.
> > >
> > > I've tried both existing transport scan and full uk scan.
> > > The channels themselves are detected but myth setup is
> > > complaining that it cannot determine which transport to
> > > associate the channel with.
> > >
> > > I'm attaching a logfile from mythtv-setup.
> > >
> > > I can do more testing / investigation in a few days time.
> > Can you run the scan with "-v channel,siparser" when you have the time?
> >

> To answer two questions in one go....
>
> 1) I'm in the UK on DVB
> 2) Found the problem.
>
> In ChannelUtil::GetBetterMplexID you are passing in a network_id
> of 1, which is later compared to the network id queried from the
> database. These of course do not match so things get lead astray
> from then on.....
I see, the transport id from the PAT matches a transport from an
earlier DVB scan so it expects the network id to match and it of
course doesn't since PAT's do not have network id's...

I'm still not clear on why the PAT was used at all if a NIT exists.
But I'll check in a fix for this part of the breakage tonight.

-- Daniel