[mythtv] Question about the "year" field in the program table

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Aug 22 23:22:21 UTC 2005

John Pullan wrote:
> Could someone explain what it's meant to represent please ? I'm
> working on improving one of the DVB EIT fix up routines and I was
> wondering if placing the year a film was released in this field was
> appropriate.

That's the correct usage.

The field in the program table is actually called "airdate" which
is misleading but that is what it was named from the early XMLTV
data. Internally it is a QString "year" in ProgramInfo objects
and is used to store the year of release for a film. It may have
no meaning for any other type of program other than a movie.

--  bjm