[mythtv] more on dvb record failure

Dave Just justifiably at cwazy.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 15:20:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm also experiencing broken DVB with the recent changes.  I tried
changing this parameter (DVB_TABLE_WAIT in tv_rec.cpp) up from 3000
to larger values (e.g. 30000) but this had no effect.

I was seeing tuning strength information via the dummy recorder but
no channels successfully tuned.  I am in the UK using Freeview FTA
channels and a USB Terratec CinergyT2 device.

With the latest SVN (rev 7102) I no longer see the OSD and tuning
information, even, just a blue screen.  Log excerpt attached
(messages about frames from dummyrec continue indefinitely and the
front end becomes unresponsive, or at least, very sluggish).

Please let me know if I can help debug,

  - Dave