[mythtv] Video and Audio too Fast and Jumpy

ben levitt benjie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:01:45 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
> Refresh rate of the monitor.  If it's not the same as the frame rate of
> the video then this would cause your symptoms!

Indeed, that was the source of my problem.  For some reason, the call
to XF86VidModeGetModeLine() returns a dot_clock value of 0 on my
machine right now.  I added a check for dot_clock==0, and had it then
assume a 60hz refresh rate, since I think that's the most commonly
used rate (does that sound right?).  I'm on a laptop with a 50hz
refresh, and using 60 here seems to work perfectly (the same as using
50).  It seems to work fine without being exact, as long as it's less
than double, more than half.

here's my patch.  (I'll add it to trac too...)

http://www.benjie.org/patches/refresh.diff

Ben