[mythtv] Some DVB subs bugs

Ian Caulfield imc25 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 21 15:55:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Piers Kittel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Have the following 3 bugs related to DVB subs:
>
> 1) On some channels (E4 for example), the subtitles are vastly stretched,
> that more than the last 1/3 bits of the subs are cut off by the right side of
> the screen.  Need to put in some limits?

This is a coordinate system issue - dvb subs are always based on a 720x576
screen size; if E4 uses 544x576 instead then they'll look odd. I'm
currently working on something for this.

> 2) Subtitles doesn't time out - i.e. if there's a long lull in between subs,
> the last sub is still shown, and doesn't go away until the next subs comes on
> or I press escape.  Annoying for long quiet scenes.

What revision are you running? I submitted a patch for this, which was
committed as r7053.

> 3) Subtitles sometimes breaks when I use skip/jumps - when I skip/jump
> sometimes subs won't work, sometimes it needs leaving alone for a minute or
> more, sometimes skipping forward and backwards will fix it.  But I find it's
> much quicker to save position, exit the recording and go back in, subs will
> then work.

I've noticed this too - I think it probably just needs a call to clear the
subtitle queue on a seek. Will have a look.

> There's other bugs but they seem to be in the 0.19 release buglist - such as
> pressing escape clears subs instead of showing the menu.

This also should have been fixed by r7053.

Ian