[mythtv] Tuning remarks

Daan de Beer mythdev at wanadoo.nl
Fri Aug 19 08:54:09 UTC 2005

In revision 6705 of channel.cpp
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channel.cpp?rev=6705)
it says you should "returne" your finetune settings.

But this is impossible to do from within  thechannel editor. This means the
code using the channels from frequency.c is completely useless to at least
people in Holland.

The old calculation was really different from the code I suggested. I think my
calculation would work. Also it is a bit strange that if you calculate the
frequency (which is in millions), you can add a number between -128 and +128.
There is no way the tuning can be  in that small region. So I still thing the
current finetuning code is broken.

I know I can specify the frequency directly, but I was hoping to be helpfull
by debugging code that is not working for me.

Regards,

Daan de Beer