[mythtv] Channel without transmission

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Thu Aug 18 07:33:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 01:07, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> I'm going to reply to myself here....
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:06:24PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:45:45PM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > > Another feature request: Instead of skipping a channel wo. transmission
> > > could we have a default picture with a message: No transmission?
>
> We should still skip off air channels, but for bad quality channels
> see what I said previously....

Sorry my ignorance, but why should we skip off-air channels?
When I (and more importantly my wife) press channel up on the remote, I expect
the next channel to pop up, not the next channel with a transmission. If
there is nothing there I would expect a message telling me that.

> > This actually makes sense, but we can definitely improve upon the
> >
> > red circle (high error rate) &
> > red square (unusable data stream)
> >
> > that the boxes (in the UK at least) display under error conditions.

The Nokia boxes we have a lot of here have quite nice graphics: TV:s with
broken glass inside etc.

Dag