[mythtv] BBC and promise.tv

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 13:36:31 UTC 2005

On Mon 15 August 2005 13:56, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> What I want is to have stuff that I'm interested in recorded. I don't care
> about 97% of the broadcast content. I don't want it recorded.
> Also, I don't want just one weeks worth of a program either, I want the
> whole series grabbed. So I don't have to remember to watch it.

You can flag programs/series to be kept. In that respect it does the same job
as Myth, just with the added functionality of recording everything for the
last 7 days.

If HDDs were cheap and I could afford an 8 disk array (as in the pictures of
their prototype) then I would have no complaint with all channels being
recorded. I'm sure all of us have been asked by a friend/colleague if we
watched X program the night before. Myth doesn't prevent us missing
interesting programs!
--
Stuart Morgan