[mythtv] BBC and promise.tv

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Aug 15 12:56:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 15 Aug 2005 13:15, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> anyone looked at what the BBC are up to with promise.tv?
>
> i watched the video of their presentation and what they have done is very
> interesting. mythtv was mentioned in the talk.
>
> they said that they may open source the software

The details are still a bit sketchy, what was the reference to mythtv?

The behaviour they describe is exactly what I DONT want! An interesting idea
sure, but not the point of a PVR.

What I want is to have stuff that I'm interested in recorded. I don't care
about 97% of the broadcast content. I don't want it recorded.
Also, I don't want just one weeks worth of a program either, I want the whole
series grabbed. So I don't have to remember to watch it.

--
Ivor Hewitt.