[mythtv] EIT not working (was: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6968 by danielk)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 1 20:10:18 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 00:40 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 10:20:27PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 04:43:51PM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > >       Author: danielk
> > >         Date: 2005-07-31 16:43:51 +0000 (Sun, 31 Jul 2005)
> > > New Revision: 6968
> > >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/6968
> > >

> > For some reason I believe this breaks EIT when it's not scanning.
> > I'm currently looking into why this might be....
> >

> I'm going to reply to myself here.
>
> For some reason the signal SiParser::EventsReady
> isn't triggering the slot eitHelper::HandleEITs
>
> I've done a make distclean; rebuild and install but it
> hasn't made any difference.
>
> Any ideas on what would cause this sort of behaviour?
If your updating your svn repository..
there was a commit a week or two ago that required a make distclean, or
touch libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro, so that the EITHelper slot code
would get generated.

Otherwise, try adding some VERBOSE's in there to make sure eitHelper
and siparser are not null in SIScan. Also, run the backend with
"-v siparser" which should output some useful debug info.

-- Daniel