[mythtv] XvMC merge patch slow

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Apr 28 14:25:38 UTC 2005

Allen Rohner wrote:
> I just recently got an HDTV, and set it up with myth. I have an Athlon
> 2500, 512 Ram, Nvidia 5700 using 7174 on Gentoo. Xv playback works,
> but my machine
> is too slow, and it drops frames. Using 0.18, XvMC plays back smoothly,
> except for a horizontal blue line a couple of pixels tall at the top of
> the screen.

With CVS from last night, I now cannot use XvMC at all. It stutters ALL
the time, and is totally unwatchable. Previously (CVS from a couple of
weeks ago) I could watch it, but OSD flickered, and I got a few stutters
here and there usually with a 'prebuffer pause' on the console, but it
was usable. I still went back to plain xv since it worked fine. xv still
works fine with the new build (it actually seems better, I only have
about 25% CPU usage now) but it would be nice to have XvMC available. I
am using nVidia GF4-MX440 with 6629 drivers, on an AMD Sempron 2200+
board (VIA chipset). And yes, I did disable libmpeg2. This is all with
SD-TV btw.

I have not tried upping the logging yet, if anyone is interested I can
certainly do that tonight.

Tom