[mythtv] ~Realtime Commflagging

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:04:35 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> So, it sounds like the low FPS is just indicative of the fact that the
> S in FPS is started soon after mythcommflag is started and before the
> sleep that lets the recorder get ahead a ways so that we can look for
> the logo.

It looks like my problem here may be that I don't have a recent enough
version of CVS.  I'm going to try current CVS tonight or tomorrow and
see if that fixes things for me.  However, when I noted that
commflagging seems to run at degraded speed, I wasn't using the
reported FPS to determine that.  I had noticed in the past that
commflagging uses 100% of the available CPU (running niced, but it
uses all that is available) when running at full speed.  When using
~realtime commflagging I've never seen the commflag process use over
~30% CPU (even on a system which is otherwise idle) which tells me
that it's not running at full speed.

Brad